A-Z of pre engineered buildings
Man has been indulging in construction activities ever since evolution and the latest offspring of the human mind are pre engineered steel buildings. These buildings are constructed keeping in mind the aesthetic value, cost effectiveness, durability and fast construction. This method has been successfully implemented in countries like Europe, Australia, North America, among others. Now it is India’s turn to benefit from this innovation.
Parts of pre engineered buildings are manufactured in the factory and brought to the construction site in a knock down form. These parts are then assembled together by the steel building supplier to take the shape of a building. These parts, when put together, become a complete building envelop system which is light in weight, air tight, cost effective and totally efficient. These buildings can be fitted with different building accessories like partitions, false ceilings, canopies, etc and it is made watertight using the best quality materials.
Generally, the pre engineered steel buildings are low rise buildings with a maximum height of 25-30 meters. Therefore they are best suited for use as residential homes, offices, showrooms, etc since they offer speedy construction and at the lowest cost.
Following are the main parts of a pre engineered steel building:
- Main Framing – this includes the steel frames of the building. This frame is specially fabricated by the metal building supplier according to the requirements of the client.
- Panels and insulation – these fittings ensure that the building is properly insulated and effective in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Doors & windows – these are properly attached to the main frame by welding or any other effective method.
- False ceilings – this is especially necessary for residential buildings and offices. A false ceiling of rigid boards is placed on a metal frame, which is hung from the roof.
- Partitions – partitions are generally necessary in case of offices and residential houses. These partitions are fixed to the metal frame and properly insulated to maintain the efficiency of the building.
- Flooring – floors in a pre engineered building are made up of normal materials like concrete or cement.
In India, generally the production of steel is more than its consumption. So this concept of pre engineered steel buildings has a lot of potential to succeed here. It can solve a major chunk of India’s infrastructural related problems along with being a profitable prospect for the steel building supplier. Even today there is a large list of schools, hospitals, churches airports, etc who are benefiting from the use of these buildings, so the future definitely looks positive.